November 18, 2018 at 8:45 pmrakesh9736Subscriber
Is it possible to do fatigue analysis of composites in Ansys Fatigue module without Ansys nCode?
November 20, 2018 at 4:19 pmSandeep MedikondaAnsys Employee
If one characterized the fatigue strength with representative S/N curve empirically from test in specific failure modes say tension or bearing etc. yes it can. You relate the far field or nominal stress to the failure. But if it is looking for more micro-mechanics Then no. And nCode just does short fiber. The fatigue of composites is quite complex with many newer techniques coming out of academia.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.