December 9, 2019 at 7:20 amTez123Subscriber
I am working on this particular problem where compression of rubber seal is should be determined
I have made Cover (translation Joint), housing (grounded joint) as Rigid seal and Bush (translation Joint), as Flexible. Assigned the rubber elements to seal Defined bonded contact between seal and cover, seal and housing, seal and bush, and Frictionless contact between the seal and bush.
Step-1 Compression in seal due to cover,
Gap between the housing and cover is 0.4 mm. Cover is moved 0.4 mm and seal is compressed.
Step-2 Compression in seal due to Bush
Initial Gap between bush and housing or play is 0.07 mm
Method:1 Bush is moved 0.06 mm up compression is observed in seal
Method:2 When Pressure is applied on the bush it should compress the seal after seal got stiffer it should stop but bush is crossing the cover and coming out.
I have tried to the contact from asymmetric to symmetric.
Please help me to solve this problem,
Thanks and Regards
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- User manual
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- material damping and modal analysis
- Colors and Mesh Display
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.