August 8, 2023 at 12:01 amDuantao WangSubscriber
how to apply the compression only support on a body surface to limit the traslation in compression direction in ansys apdl?
August 8, 2023 at 5:48 amErik KostsonAnsys Employee
In mechanical (workbench) this is done with contact and target elements (frictionless contact). Create a model there and see the ds.dat file (input file) .
All the best
August 9, 2023 at 10:45 pmDuantao WangSubscriber
Thank you for your response. The ds.dat file (input file) is really different with apdl syntax / logic. I see it is used the MPC to constrain the boundary surface of the body. But I don't know how to yield the rigid mesh to make contact the surface and how to make the MPC remote point and the constrain equation. Could you list the apdl for that?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- User manual
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Defining rigid body and contact
- Colors and Mesh Display
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.