General Mechanical

General Mechanical

compression test

• Mansoureh
      Subscriber

Hello everyone , I appreciate you if you help me and thanks a lot in advance.

My structure is stainless steal with E=210 GPa between two rigid surface and displacement applied on top surface is 0,01 mm but Bottom surface if fixed. I define two rigid plate and flexible lattice and put remote point and remote displacement on that for top rigid surface and fixed all directions except of Z. and also fixed bottom with joint to ground and rigid behavior.

For Contact, I defined Type to Frictional with coefficient=0,2 between tow rigid plate with lattice and changed the Behavior to asymmetric. I did not  change  Formulation, Detection Method and Interface Treatment. 

choose 50 steps for Initial and Minimum and 200 steps for Maximum at Time = 1s.

I have an article to compare my result, I should get E=27GPa for this lattice but My E is very very small. According to my result, that is not like the article. It seems this BC (Displacement=0,01) is not enough for bending the structure but in article it could bend thin joints which has not happened for me. 

• Mansoureh
      Subscriber

• Mansoureh
      Subscriber

Actually I read some Subject about compression test here and try to use related point in my simulation but my problem has not solved yet.

As I said, I did not  change  FormulationDetection Method and Interface Treatment, I do not know it is necessary to change theme or not. Actually I read about theme a lot  and I guess, I should choose Normal Lagrange for Formulation , for Detection Method I do not know which one is better and about Interface Treatment, I saw some time others choose Adjust to touch but I am confused about them. If you guide me it will help me a lot.

*I dont have any result for stress distribution just I have E that it should be 27 GPa.

I should mention that. If I increase displacement for example  to 5 mm, after ending the simulation, my structure start to move and it is not fix between two plate and disappeared. May this movement have effect on my result? I know that my contact in frictional and these body can slip on each others but in Displacement= 0,01 this can effect on the result? I cant get to E=27 GPa. I also obtain result for Normal Stress and Normal Strian, But after divide them. module of elasticity is very very  small. 

Thanks a lot to everybody help me

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.