General Mechanical

General Mechanical

compression test on aluminium foam

• Youyou9897
      Subscriber

i am working on my thesis and i would like to perform a pressure test. I have already performed with a force of 1500 N and I only get a linear curve. I unfortunately don't have any experimental data for a compression test of aluminum foam. Can someone help me what exactly I need to get the correct stress-strain curve of aluminum foam under compressive load 

• Bhargava Sista
      Ansys Employee
      It's hard to say whether or not the linear response is incorrect. If you're expecting a nonlinear curve, then perhaps replace the force load with a displacement load and check the force-displacement response and see at what stage it becomes nonlinear. nYour language settings seem to be in German, so it may be hard to understand the settings but based on what I see you seem to have turned ON Large Deformation which is correct for such analysis.nCheck out this free course on Structural Nonlinearity to gain a better understanding of what makes a structure nonlinear and how to identify the nonlinearities.nhttps://courses.ansys.com/index.php/courses/structural-nonlinearity/n
    • Youyou9897
      Subscriber
      Thanks Sir for your answer I have now added a displacement once of 1 mm but the stress-strain curve is not correct and added a displacement once of 2 mm and also the curve is not correct. The first image is for displacement of 2 mm and the second is for 1 mm. By the way, my foam structure model is 26*26*13. I don't know whether to change Young's modulus or any other mechanical characteristics of aluminum.nn
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.