General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Conditional Boundary Conditions (Thermal Transient)

• wesd
      Subscriber

Dear All

I am simulating heat flow through different materials (Ansys 2021 R2, Transient-Thermal Module) and woud like to try and model the boundary condtions which result from a temperature control system, i.e: 1) 'heat-up' via a heat flow through a surface, followed by 2) holding the surface at a certain temperature once a target temperature of the surface has been reached.

I am assuming that there is someway to switch between 'heat flow' to a 'constant temperature' boundary definition on the same surface which occurs on the condition that a specified surface temperature has been reached. However this is not immediately obvious via the gui/available menus

Does this Require the use of APDL and If-statements ? or is there another strategy ? Can anybody point me towards any resources where something similar has been done ?

Any help would be much appreciated, Regards wesd

• Rahul Kumbhar
      Ansys Employee
      you can use combin37 element which has on/off capability. Please check the details at
      https://ansyshelp.ansys.com/account/secured?returnurl=/Views/Secured/corp/v221/en/ans_elem/Hlp_E_COMBIN37.html
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.