March 28, 2022 at 2:50 pmwesdSubscriber
I am simulating heat flow through different materials (Ansys 2021 R2, Transient-Thermal Module) and woud like to try and model the boundary condtions which result from a temperature control system, i.e: 1) 'heat-up' via a heat flow through a surface, followed by 2) holding the surface at a certain temperature once a target temperature of the surface has been reached.
I am assuming that there is someway to switch between 'heat flow' to a 'constant temperature' boundary definition on the same surface which occurs on the condition that a specified surface temperature has been reached. However this is not immediately obvious via the gui/available menus
Does this Require the use of APDL and If-statements ? or is there another strategy ? Can anybody point me towards any resources where something similar has been done ?
Any help would be much appreciated, Regards wesdMarch 29, 2022 at 1:02 pmRahul KumbharAnsys Employeeyou can use combin37 element which has on/off capability. Please check the details at
Viewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Errors – Reinforced Concrete Beam
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- Cannot apply load on node
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Colors and Mesh Display
Top Rated Tags