General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Conditions between two hinged bodies, adjusted by shaft and spring

• Hira Verma
      Subscriber

Lifting block and Lever are hinged, and the position of these two bodies are adjusted by adjustable shaft (to carry the load effect of the weight, not the spring) with the help of spring (shown as free length). A driving force applied on lifting block to lift the lever with weight applied.

I need to apply connections and load boundary conditions. In this condition, spring will be compressed.
      Kindly help me out with this and suggest if any modification is needed for the spring. Thanks in advance.

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Please clarify which faces are fixed to ground.

• Hira Verma
      Subscriber

[Correction: Consider the direction of Input force is opposite]

There are no faces fixed to the ground. This shown figure is the extract of the moving assembly. The whole purpose is to see the effect of the Weight.

Lifting block and Lever should be having joint of Ground to Body.

Still need to fix any one of them?... I don't have an idea about that.

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Put a Remote Displacement on the Face where you have the Input Force.  In the Solution, you will insert a Probe of the Reaction Force on this Remote Displacement. That is the input force you are seeking.

Each body has a Revolute Joint to Ground at the Hinge.  Suppress the Adjustable Shaft, I don't understand its function.

Insert a Spring with one end in the cup of the lifting block and the other end in the cup of the Lever. The spring will calculate the distance between the end points. Put in the Free Length and the spring rate and the spring will generate the force due to the compression of the length.

Insert a Force at point B to represent the Weight. Alternatively, insert a Point Mass at that face and add Standard Earth Gravity.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.