Electronics

Electronics

Conditions for GPU acceleration.

• AndyJP
      Subscriber
      Are there really conditions where the new HFSS DrivenModal solver in 2020R1 and R2 start using GPU acceleration?nI heard that story where DrivenModal solver decides when it is necessary... But why don't anyone in ANSYS explain these necessary conditions, and the environment, where it is possible at all?n
    • AndyJP
      Subscriber
      upn
    • VivekKamble
      Ansys Employee
      Hello, nTo access GPU acceleration, you must have NVIDIA GPUs and drivers installed on your computers and clusters. GPU acceleration in the ANSYS HFSS transient solver is officially supported with the Tesla and high-end Quadro series cards. n Ansys HFSS supports NVIDIA Tesla V and P series, C20-series, Tesla K series, Quadro V, P and K series (K5000 and above).nThe assignment of multiple GPU jobs is fully automatic and requires no user intervention. The HFSS transient solver uses NVIDIA?s exclusive process compute mode to assign one process to one GPU. nRegards,n
    • AndyJP
      Subscriber
      >you must have NVIDIA GPUsnAren't hardware requirements written in the manual and obvious?.I ask about problem(configuration) conditions, when GPU acceleration can be activated at all.nn>he assignment of multiple GPU jobs is fully automatic and requires no user intervention.nAre you insulting users on purpose? You should know, engineers do not like when something is done behind there backs without informing them first.nSo what are the conditions for automatic activation of GPGPU code?.In DrivenModal solver particularly, because support of GPGPU in DrivenModal was claimed for EDT 2020n
    • VivekKamble
      Ansys Employee
      nYou can find hardware configuration in the following link,nhttps://www.ansys.com/-/media/Ansys/corporate/resourcelibrary/article/GPUs-Speed-Advanced-Electromagnetic-Simulation-AA-V8-I3.pdf nYou can find this post helpful regarding automatic GPU acceleration criteria.nhttps://forum.ansys.com/discussion/2033/hfss-gpu-acceleration-for-my-hardware-setup nHope this will help, nBest Regards,nVivek
    • AndyJP
      Subscriber
      Are you playing with me?nSTOP IT!nI know hardware configuration. Everyone knows.nWhat are HFSS and the model configuration conditions for GPU code to be able running!?n
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.