August 24, 2023 at 7:02 amSree RanjiniSubscriber
What are the possible feasible values for conductor separation and copper depth for round winding configuration in MOTORCAD? Kindly mention the lower and upper ranges.
Thanks in advance.
August 25, 2023 at 3:42 pmHDLIAnsys Employee
I would like to use default values for both. Conductor separation could be determined by manufacture process and insuation coating thickness. I suggest to enter 100% for copper depth of normal motor design. The slot fill factor of bare wire/slot area would not be larger than 45%, but it is also based on motor manufacture and your design. Please check them.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- simulation completed with execution error on server
- Maxwell, HFSS or Q3D?
- Unable to assign correctly the excitations in a coil
- How to export Ansys Maxwell simulation results for post-processing in matlab or in .csv file
- Intersect errors with model with complex structure
- Running ANSYS HFSS on the HPC (it runs on Linux only)
- Process ‘3dtds’ terminated abnormally
- Error while solving Optimetrics
- Concept of Interpolation Sweep in HFSS
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.