November 3, 2022 at 12:36 pmChinna DevarapuSubscriber
Iam trying to calculate the confinement factor for my silicon waveguide through the "Power Impedance and Integration" option in FDE(Mode solutions).
In the integrate option, there are power and electric field intensity integration.
According to the equation of the confinement factor the quanity integrated is the electric field intensity. So I used electric field intensity option for the core confinement and found the confinement factor to be 59.3%. But from the figure, we could guess that almost 80% is inside the core. But when I use power integration option, I get 84% which is more logical. But the equation tells to integrate field intensity.
Which quantity should I integrate? Power or electric field intensity? The two figures are attached.
November 3, 2022 at 11:16 pmGuilin SunAnsys Employee
Actually the confinement factor can be calculated by either the intensity of the power density.
Therefore you can choose either of them.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.