March 10, 2022 at 5:56 pmafshiin.aSubscriber
I analyzed a graphene waveguide in FDE solver. Then I got the confinement factor value. Why is the confinement factor value negative? What is the cause of this problem? I expect it to be zero, not negative, eventually!
Thank youMarch 11, 2022 at 8:08 pmGuilin SunAnsys EmployeeGraphene is very thin and you are calculating the result through discrete algorithm. such error on the order of -5 is reasonable. I think I have replied you in another post. Please be patient and only post your questions in one Forum, English or Chinese. Otherwise the very limited support resources is wasted.
Viewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Error on Lumerical device
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Ansys Insight: Transmission results greater than one
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Ansys Insight: Convergence issues in CHARGE
- Is there a Lumerical script command to output the Simulation and Memory requirements?
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.