Ansys Products

Ansys Products

Confused on which packages to install for Academic version 2021R1

• robgics
      Subscriber
      When looking to update our install to the latest, I found a more packages than were there last time I looked. So I'm not sure what to do with these:n+There's Fluids and there's Structures, and there's Fluids AND Structures. Is it simply that? I can install the 2 packages separately, or the one package, and I'll end up with the same thing? Or is Fluids and Structures something different?n+ SPEOS HPC and Lumerical. These 2 packages weren't there before. Should I simply install them? Or does that require a specific license and I'd need to check my license to see if we can use them? Looking at our license, I didn't see anything that seemed to obvious match those packages.nThanks for any help.nnRobnn
    • 1shan
      Ansys Employee
      HelloArray,I think you need to separately install both if you download separately. You can download Fluids and structures, and you would get the same thing, with just 1 installation.nLumerical is for photonics simulation and  SPEOS HPC is an add on for SPEOS (optical simulation) which provides access to HPC (which requires a license), so check out what you want.nRegards,Ishan.n
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.