April 17, 2022 at 5:38 amEl_ManguanguaSubscriber
Hi! I hope you are all doing great! I know this post is a bit long, but I also find my situation very interesting, I hope some of you may find the time to fully read it and hopefully give me some guidance on it, for which I thank you in advance!
I am currently working on a project that involves studying Fluid-Structure Interaction (FSI) between air (the fluid) and an aircraft wing (which is the structure). I first study the steady interaction between those two, using the "Static Structural" module for the wing, the "Steady" option in fluent, and I couple both using system coupling. Where I must set both a minimum and a maximum number of iterations, those being (currently) 1 iteration and 14 iterations, respectively.
The strange thing occurs in System Coupling, where I obtain some contradictory information in the output:
First of all, the convergence target for both participants (Fluent and Static Structural) is an RMS change of 0.01 (1.00E-002), now, take a look at the results of the first iteration:April 19, 2022 at 9:43 amKeyur KanadeAnsys EmployeeViewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Errors – Reinforced Concrete Beam
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- Cannot apply load on node
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Colors and Mesh Display
Top Rated Tags