March 28, 2022 at 11:19 amMariah HaSubscriber
I kindly ask for clarification regarding this confusion in lumerical documentation vs software parameters. In the documentation "Semiconductor Material Model Properties" in charge solver documentation some coefficients are specified for the default Fossum model for doping correction in SRH recombination, for the carrier lifetime (see the picture attached for the text ) . However, in the software, the corresponding Fossum parameters given by default are not the same (see attached the screenshot). In fact , beta should be 1, and gamma should be zero if we follow the documentation.
In this case, the equation obtained is the same luckily, but it could lead to some confusion.
Please rectify this.
Attached files :March 29, 2022 at 4:22 pmKhashayar GhaffariAnsys EmployeeHello Thank you for bringing this to our attention, we will address this mismatch between default parameters and the documentation of it.
As you mentioned, by setting either beta or gamma to 0 and the other to 1, the effective formula remains the same.
Viewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Questions about the calculation of the cross-polarization conversion efficiency of metasurface
- Error on Lumerical device
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Finding your Ansys (or Lumerical) account number
- Lumerical – error message when trying to open from Linux terminal
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.