September 22, 2017 at 6:25 pmmohanSubscriber
When I am exporting "Vector_Jsurf" using "fields calculator", It decomposes into three Complex Vectors [each has real and imaginary values].In the post processing, how can I get "Vector_Jsurf" plot using these three complex vectors, as like as HFSS "Vector_Jsurf" plot?
What is the equation behind for this calculation? Is it the plot of only the real values of Jsurfx and Jsurfy? I am using matlab though. I want to get exactly the same plot as "Vector_Jsurf" plot as in HFSS. Same goes for "Vector_E" and "Vector_H" plot.
August 18, 2018 at 11:31 pmkthackstSubscriber
If you click on the Field Calculator (HFSS --> Fields --> Calculator) you can find "Named Expressions" in the upper left corner. Scrolling down, you can see the plotted quantity Vector_Jsurf is given by AtPhase(
,Phase), which is plotting a complex vector at a particular phase. Since the imaginary component deals with phase, I'm assuming if you plotted the fields at phase = 0, you are visualizing the real component of the vector. The manual defines the AtPhase function as "Entering the phase angle lets you compute the real part of the field's magnitude at different points in its cycle.", which also suggests you are looking at the real component of the vector.
Hope that helps.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- simulation completed with execution error on server
- Signing up as ANSYS Support Coordinator
- How to export Ansys Maxwell simulation results for post-processing in matlab or in .csv file
- Maxwell, HFSS or Q3D?
- Unable to assign correctly the excitations in a coil
- Running ANSYS HFSS on the HPC (it runs on Linux only)
- Running ANSYS HFSS on multiple nodes on SLURM based cluster
- Intersect errors with model with complex structure
- Number of parallel paths in Ansys Maxwell
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.