Fluids

Fluids

Conjugate boundary conditions

• sangugodi
      Subscriber

What is the difference between Wall and wall-shadow boundary condition? How different is then compared to the interface boundary condition

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee
      That refers to momentum and heat coupled wall. That is a wall which has two dissimilar fluids regions or physics on each side of it. For that reason FLUENT creates a shadow copy of the wall. By the way one slit the coupling. Example a conformal mesh with fluid and solid region. At the separating wall FLUENT creates that type of connection.

Interface is more general as it might connect two or more regions with one another.
    • sangugodi
      Subscriber

Sir, I am solving a transient conjugate problem. It consists of the solid domain and fluid domain. There is a common wall named as a wall at the interface of the solid and fluid domain. when I bring this file to fluent additionally shadow wall is created. now there is wall and wall shadow for the same surface. The boundary condition assigned is coupled. During the simulation, does information flow between the domain. 

Does meshing ICEM cfd and Gambit make changes in boundary conditions

• DrAmine
      Ansys Employee

Yes heat is transported though that wall-wall-shadow. I assume your mesh in conform and Fluent creates automatically the shadow connection as you are connecting Fluid to solid. Do not worry about that.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.