June 15, 2020 at 12:40 pmsonu123Subscriber
I am working on natural convection heat transfer in a 2D square enclosure whose vertical walls are maintained at different constant temperature and horizontal walls subjected to conductive heat flux boundary condition.
I am facing problem to consider conductive heat flux boundary condition on the horizontal walls for the 2D geometry.
Please help me
June 15, 2020 at 1:05 pmRobAnsys Employee
If you're using Fluent read up on Shell Conduction.
June 15, 2020 at 1:15 pmsonu123Subscriber
Actually I thought to consider shell condition but I found that shell conduction is applicable for only 3D geometry. Can I apply shell conduction for 2D?
June 16, 2020 at 3:16 pmRobAnsys Employee
Oops, yes 3d only. I rarely use 2d so hadn't noticed the restriction.
Your options are then to create the model one cell thick and use symmetry on the "front" and "back" or use a thin solid zone for the metal part. For the former make sure the domain thickness doesn't give you high aspect ratio cells.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Limitations to Student License?
- Not seeing any items in the ANSYS Workbench toolbox?
- Missing Analysis Systems from toolbox
- “An error occurred while starting the solver module.” – Maybe licence problem?
- Please recommend the configuration of the computer workstation
- FLUENT application Failed to start
- ANSYS License Manager Error
- No license available at this time
- I am using MacBook Pro with M1chip, how can I install or any other ways to use Ansys ?
- Problem with ANSYS 18.2 SpaceClaim
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.