September 15, 2023 at 2:22 pmElias MarcosSubscriber
Hello everyone, I want to ask how I can make a connection or share topology between the wing spar (Beam element) and the ribs (shell element) ? the spar is a hollow cylindrical section.
Thanks in advance.
September 15, 2023 at 8:11 pmAnkush ChoudharySubscriber
There are multiple ways to connect beams to shells.
1. You can use shared topology between them in SpaceClaim.
2. You can use a fixed joint between them.
3. You can use bonded contact between them.
September 18, 2023 at 7:47 amElias MarcosSubscriber
Hi Ankush, thanks for the response.
When I do the shared topology, I incounter some problems with the mesh !
When I do the fixed joint, It gives me some problems ( pivot, ill matrix.. etc.)
When I use the bonded contact, it works but the results are not accurate in the beam element.
I have tried several ways but it does not work !
September 18, 2023 at 3:40 pmAnkush ChoudharySubscriber
In shared topology, check where you are getting mesh errors and try to eradicate them with the proper element size. The Solver pivot error generally occurs when the model is not properly constrained. In bonded contact, try the MPC formulation.
September 19, 2023 at 6:30 amcharles laneSubscriber
Creating a connection or topology between a wing spar (modeled as a beam element) and ribs (modeled as shell elements) in finite element analysis (FEA) software typically involves defining appropriate coupling or contact conditions
September 19, 2023 at 12:06 pmElias MarcosSubscriber
At the end it worked. Thank you all for the response.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- User manual
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Defining rigid body and contact
- Colors and Mesh Display
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.