Ansys Products

Ansys Products

Connection timed out while reading data

• Kevin Johnston
      Subscriber

What I understand is that this is likely a licensing issue, but I'm not clear what I should be checking or what Ansys is attempting to do. We did also move our licensing server so unsure if there are config files somewhere still pointing to our old one.

I've launched the Client Licensing Settings, and set that to point to our new server, but it only required port 1055 and the new server name.

When I launch Workbench 2022, the software loads and then errors with "Connection timed out while reading data" with a followup prompt "License server lost for 5 minutes" and then provides "ANSYSLI_SERVERS: 2325@, 2325@, FLEXlm Servers: 1055@

Based on the above, it seems to still be looking for the old server, which I'm not positive if it's failing because of this.

Our network is pretty heavily locked down, but I believe the port is open, so I'm lead to believe the config is still pointing at the old server somewhere.

Is there a guide to purge the old licensing server information on a machine?

Thanks in advance.

• George Karnos
      Ansys Employee

Check the following file:
      ansyslmd.ini

c:\Program Files\Ansys Inc\Shared Files\licensing
      Linux:
      /ansys_inc/shared_files/licensing
      Change the hostname after 2325@ to the new servername.

• Kevin Johnston
        Subscriber

I was able to update it, however it still provides the error. I've run Test-NetConnection via Powershell and ports 1055 and 2325 passes, indicatinig ports are good.

• George Karnos
      Ansys Employee

I would then suggest to check firewalls:
      The following video discusses Firewall Exceptions:

• Kevin Johnston
        Subscriber

This video seems to either be out of date, or my application did not install properly as within that folder I have 4 applications, none of which are referenced in the video:

• George Karnos
      Ansys Employee

My apologies...
      That is to be performed on the License Server machine.

• Kevin Johnston
        Subscriber

The applications are whitelisted. I've also taken the liberty of adding the ports to the server's firewall...

I found the following from Ansys Mechanical which errored out and pointed me to the temp files:

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.