June 29, 2023 at 4:50 amLee ChangHaSubscriber
Hi. I'm a beginner at Ansys. I want to use anansys fluid. There is a license server on another PC, another PC, and that server is working well. However, when I run workbench, the error message box as below appears.
"Connection timed out while reading data.
The application has stopped waiting for a reply.
The license server may be experiencing a high demand or a temporary outage. Try again later."
It was judged that it was not a normal situation for such a message to occur, and issues on the same problems were identified.
1. The PC that is causing the problem is different that it is not a server PC, and I couldn't find ansysli_server.exe and lmgrd.exe in programs that I could add to the exception of firewall. So I tried adding ansysliZ_client.exe just in case, but it didn't work out.
2. As you can see in the picture below, the license server setting test result is normal. Also, I received a reply from the license server management team that the server is running normally.
3. I also tried changing the settings of ansyslmd. There is content about SERVER, but there is no content about ANSYSLI_SERVERS, so I couldn't change the settings.
4. I also checked the comments below and tried to change the setting variable, but I couldn't find ANSYSLI_TIMEOUT_TCP.
if anyone facing ANSYS license Server timeout issues.
Add the below environment Variable in your account
Name : ANSYSLI_TIMEOUT_TCP
Value : 300
It will resolve your issue.
5. In this situation, when I turn on the workbench, the following error message occurs twice. Is this a normal situation?
Maybe it's the wrong question because I don't have enough knowledge about licenses, but I have questions.
Could it be a problem with the license server in this situation?
For example, could it be a problem because the port is not opened, or could it be a problem because it is not designated as a license-enabled IP?
How can I solve this problem?
June 29, 2023 at 5:00 am
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- License Error
- Error with workbench SceneGraphChart
- Sizing on Ansys Workbench 19.2
- Workbench not opening
- Error: Exception of type ‘Ansys.Fluent.Cortex.Cortex not availableException’ was thrown
- Workbench error
- how to open DesignModeler
- FlexNet Licensing – Not running
- Problem with FlexNet Licensing
- An error occurred when the post processor attempted to load a specific result.
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.