December 12, 2018 at 7:23 pmmazab17Subscriber
I am meshing a 3D geometry in ICEM and one of the main criteria for my model is that all of the control volumes of the specific zone should have their centroid on the surface. Could you please anyone has any idea to how to it in ICEM (mesh should be tetra)
December 13, 2018 at 5:05 amKeyur KanadeAnsys Employee
tetra (or hexa) would have a face on the surface. logically centroid of a cell can not be on surface.
December 13, 2018 at 3:33 pmmazab17Subscriber
I defined a surface (control volume) so that the surface that I need to be at the center is in the center of this zone. Then I am trying to mesh that zone first by hexa mesh in that case the curve is in the middle of the element but in tetra ?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- ANSYS Workbench Measuring within Design
- Conformal vs Non-Conformal Mesh
- Error in meshing
- Meshing Error
- The mesh file exporter could not resolve cyclic dependencies in overlapping contact regions error
- Ansys 19.0 – will not create mesh
- Dealing with inflation layers around sharp corners in Ansys workbench meshing
- Can I view which mesh files (the names of them) are loaded into Fluent?
- How to resolve Mesh Failure
- Mathematical model stuck at 1% with a warning of remote displacement