General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Contact and Solver Conditions for Screw pullout strength test

• Vict3ry
      Subscriber

Model

Hi, I am currently working on a model for a course,  I am required to find out the pullout strength maximum based on the characteristics of the material provided. I am currently stuck on solving the simulation because it gives some errors such as "contact status has experienced abrupt change', and the "internal solution module has been exceeded". What contact should I set between the box and screw frictional, bonded or both? Should turn on/off large deflection and small sliding? any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

• Vict3ry
      Subscriber

Hi, some updates these are the current errors that I am currently facing, I have set the contact to frictional between the screw and the box, however, the solution is not converging even after increasing the mesh, and how can I avoid the element has become highly distorted error? any help would be greatly appreciated thank you. 

• PSiedlac123
      Subscriber

I suppose You shall consider these two cases:

1) Using rezoning or nonlinear adaptive region - when material is going to be formed and contacts will debond.

2) Using explicit dynamics (quasistatic approach) - when material is going to be crushed or brake.

To speed up getting results try Axisymetric 2D analysis.

Good that You apply load by Displacement, and not by Force, however You shall constrain all other free directions of screw to prevent its unwanted rotation.

• Vict3ry
      Subscriber

Hi, thank you for replying.  I will try and update here if I faced any other issues.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.