September 29, 2020 at 5:55 pmJirongSubscriber
I am using structural result trackers under solution information to calculate the contacting area. The description for contacting area is total area of the elements that are in contact. I have a question for it corresponding to contact status, is the program summing up the area of elements that are in status of 'sliding' and 'sticking'? How does program define 'in contact'? Is there anyway to display the elements used in calculation of contact area. And when I check the contact status, some elements might in two contact status, how does program handle this?September 30, 2020 at 8:03 amAshish KhemkaAnsys EmployeeHi Jirong,nnYou can use a deformation plot tracker as well which updates as the solution progress which will help to monitor the parts in contact.nnnRegards,nAshish KhemkanOctober 1, 2020 at 12:40 pmJohn DoyleAnsys EmployeeHi Jirong:nnEach contact element has multiple detection points (either nodal or gauss depending on detection method chosen).nEach detection point has an analytical area associated with it. nThese points can sometimes have different status within the same contact element.nAlso, with adjacent elements in different status, you can sometimes be seeing the effects of averaging across multiple elements.nThat explains why some elements might display multiple status. nnAlso, a closed status implies penetration across a corresponding target surface. nTherefore, sliding and sticking status would both be considered closed and in contact.nnRegards,nJohnnViewing 2 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
Ansys BlogTrending discussions
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Colors and Mesh Display
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
Top Rated Tags
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.