September 6, 2017 at 8:20 pmPeddySubscriber
as a mechanical engineering student I got the project to simulate the displacement and the stress in a shaft-hub connection while it is mounted via thermal adding. It means that the inital temperature of the shaft is about -4°F and the inital temperature of the hub is about 392°F. After pushing them together the temperatue of both parts is getting 68°F. Because of the thermal expansion the two parts stuck together.
Now to my question:
I can´t define the contact between shaft and hub properly. I did it with the contact manager where I picked the edge of shaft as target (line) and the edge of hub as contact (line). I use PLANE42 as element type. After the solution is done, the result is like in the attachement: the hub penetrates the shaft....
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Errors – Reinforced Concrete Beam
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- Cannot apply load on node
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Colors and Mesh Display