November 13, 2022 at 10:08 pm
November 14, 2022 at 12:02 ampeteroznewmanSubscriber
I suggest you initially analyze 3-point bending of the sample without contact.
November 14, 2022 at 6:50 pmSelami TuncaSubscriber
It does not work. Why should I analyze without contact?
November 15, 2022 at 1:53 ampeteroznewmanSubscriber
Analysis without contact is simpler to setup and get a solution.
November 15, 2022 at 8:05 pmSelami TuncaSubscriber
it is not possible to solve. I have rigid body motion error without contact.
November 16, 2022 at 12:59 ampeteroznewmanSubscriber
The sample length should be exactly equal to the distance between the support.
You didn't show a coordinate system, so I will assume that the sample length is along the X axis, the Y axis is up and the sample width is along the Z axis.
On the left end bottom edge of the sample, use a Displacement and set X, Y, Z to 0.
On the right end bottom edge of the sample, set Y and Z displacements to 0.
Now you have sufficient constraints and the system will solve if you apply a force to the row of nodes in the center on the sample on the top face.
November 17, 2022 at 8:30 pmSelami TuncaSubscriber
I will try. Thank you
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.