February 22, 2022 at 10:47 ammertnarinnSubscriberFebruary 22, 2022 at 11:27 amjonsolnSubscriberHi!
If you have a gap between the ball and plate the contact might not behave as expected. Try doing a initial contact status check (Connections -> Insert Contact Tool -> Generate Initial Contact Results) to see what the initial gap and penetration is.
February 22, 2022 at 11:30 ammertnarinnSubscriberFirst of all, thank you for your advice. When I do what you say, I get the error "You have a contact tool with invalid contact selections or result requests". How can I solve it?
February 22, 2022 at 1:44 pmFebruary 23, 2022 at 10:48 amFebruary 24, 2022 at 6:20 amjonsolnSubscriberWhen the contact is open or far open, no contact elements are created and the ball will penetrate through the plate. You can try setting the pinball radius manually to a larger number. I don't know why the contact is far open, since the listed pinball is already greater than the gap and penetration.
The pinball determines how large the initial distance between the contact and target surfaces needs to be for the solver to ignore contact at that point.
Viewing 5 reply threads
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.