November 25, 2019 at 2:45 pmdestroySubscriber
I am trying to model 3D fluid-structure interaction of two flaps undergoing large deformation due to flowing water.
The flaps are close to eachother. I want to block their deformation, telling ANSYS Mechanical to not deform the body if the distance between the bodies is lower than 0.3 mm.
To do that, I set the frictionless contact, however, it does not help - you can see the minimum distance about 0.2 mm which is lower than 0.3 mm:
Additionally, I checked the contact informations:
Could you please tell me why it does not work? Or - what to change? Maybe change the "contact geometry correction" or "target geometry corection" from None to Smoothing? But, I cannot find in manual what smoothing here means.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- User manual
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- material damping and modal analysis
- Colors and Mesh Display
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.