September 13, 2022 at 7:10 pm
September 20, 2022 at 2:05 pmAndreas KoutrasAnsys Employee
Is the thickness of the metal sheet shells very small? A small shell thickness can cause the contact to be released before expected. You can try to increase the contact stiffness by setting SOFT=1 in the *CONTACT optional card A, set the scale factors SFS and SMF to a low value (such as 1e-12), and increase the SOFSCL to 0.4. Otherwise, try with the segment-based contact invoked by SOFT=2. Details are available in the LS-DYNA Theory Manual under Section 29.7.
Note that AUTOMATIC contacts account by default for the shell thickness offset.
Contact examples are available here:
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
- explicit dynamics
- Explicit dynamics ERRORS
- Monte Carlo Simulation
- getting zero maximum and minimum stress value in explicit analysis
- Which analysis to use for dynamic and quasi-static compression of auxetic structures?
- Running an explicit dynamics simulation on a composite plate
- LS-Dyna not appearing in ANSYS Workbench
- How do get Full values instead of just minimum and maximum ?
- Euler Domain Restricting Simulation
- Explicit dynamic modeling of machining process coupled with thermal