April 4, 2022 at 6:19 amthekop070809Subscriber
i am trying to run a simulation on a nitinol stent made with spline surfaces. I have run into issues and would be great if I could get some suggestions:
April 4, 2022 at 6:20 amApril 4, 2022 at 10:51 amApril 5, 2022 at 8:37 amAshish KhemkaAnsys Employee
- The spline bodies make it tough to mesh the stent. If I increase the resolution or decrease the mesh size the number of elements goes up to a very high number following which simulation might take a lot of time.
- The only meshing method that gives a mesh output if the path independent tetrahedron method. All other give an error saying mesh might me intersecting or close to intersecting. But the path independent mesh also gives elements with a maximum skewness of 0.6. Any tips on meshing here?
- the stent has interference in the initial geometry and has to also be modelled for contact solution. Here I used the initial contact status to determine the pinball radius for the contact.
- I want to do a tensile test on the stent, but I have no edges or faces so apply the force. If I select a face the entire spline body gets selected which would not give the desired output. So instead I meshed the stent and applied forces and displacements on nodes of the meshed body by making a named selection. is this method okay?
- on solving the solver gives an error stating elements in the body have become highly distorted and the solver exits with an error.
Please see if the following link helps:
Model Setup for a Cardiovascular Stent Simulation | Ansys Courses
Regards Ashish Khemka
April 13, 2022 at 9:02 amthekop070809SubscriberNo this is not of help. The model design is very different and the contact conditions are also different.
Viewing 4 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
Ansys BlogTrending discussions
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.