April 7, 2018 at 2:06 amRChandranSubscriber
I am designing an A frame for offshore lifting which consists of hinge type connection.
The frame members were connected by using pin and bushings. And I have to do static structural analysis for this A frame.
And I can't suppress the pin and bushings because i need to know the stress on the pin also.
For your info refer the below image.
April 7, 2018 at 2:23 ampeteroznewmanSubscriber
You can have the pin be part of the analysis and use contact to determine the stress in the pin.
I recommend you initially suppress the pin and use a revolute joint between the green plate and the grey base to get that model working first, then suppress the joint and unsuppress the pin and add pin contact. That way, you know you have a working model before you introduce the pin.
April 13, 2018 at 6:25 amRChandranSubscriber
Thanks for your reply. Actually I have bushing between the pin and the body.
In this case what type of connection i have to use?
April 13, 2018 at 10:40 ampeteroznewmanSubscriber
Make a bonded contact between the bushing OD and the hole, then make frictional contact between the pin and the bushing ID.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.