July 13, 2020 at 12:13 pm
July 13, 2020 at 3:37 pmSaiDAnsys Employee
You either need to create a Contact OR a Joint between the two. There is no need to create both. A Fixed joint seems like a good option if there is no relative movement between the I-beam and plate. A "No Separation" contact means that there is no separation between the two in the normal direction, but there can be relative sliding. What behavior do you want? If there is absolutely no relative motion between the two, a Bonded contact may be used.
What do you mean by "incorrect results"? What was the expected result and what did you get from the current analysis? Please elaborate a bit on the boundary conditions and the relative motion between the I-beam and the plate.
July 13, 2020 at 4:06 pmWenlongAnsys Employee
Between contact-no-separation and bonded joint you only need one of them. Either of them should work in your case.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Colors and Mesh Display
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.