General Mechanical

General Mechanical

Continuous Degradation and variable loading Analysis

• Girishcd3024
      Subscriber

I want to know that how can I apply a constant degradation (Due to corrosion) and variable loading with respect to time on any geometry in ANSYS. Please give me suggestions and provide some path for solving this problem.

Thank you

• jj77
      Subscriber

What do you mean with continuous degradation - explain what you are trying to analyse in more detail.

• Girishcd3024
      Subscriber

Continuous degradation of any geometry design means disappears the design till complete degradation but it will be very slow process.

Any design geometry of specified material is degrading continuously with an specified constant degradation rate (Due to fast corrosion) throughout the surfaces. And I want to make an unsteady structural analysis with this continuous degradation with constant degradation rates. The loading condition can be varied with respect to time but the degradation rate will be constant. all the analysis based on time. please help to make this.

How can i solve this problem ?

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Create geometry with a Parameter that can move a surface according to the value input. The movement of the surface represents the loss of material as time goes by.  You can create a Design Study and vary the value of this parameter to show the effect on stress and deformation.

• Girishcd3024
      Subscriber

How can add parameter in geometry as continuous degradation with specified degradation rate according to their surface ? Please give more details.

• karthikeyan506
      Subscriber

You cant do continuous degradation due to corrosion. You can try to work on APDL but while doing it in APDL you have to write codes for the materials corrosion and exact time or predicted time at which the material will corrode. You can t also take any impact on geometry as ANSYS is a Geo dependent software, 

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.