May 25, 2023 at 11:35 amadityamishraSubscriber
I have created a structure mesh on rectangular surface of Width=15 and length=3500 micro meter (element size = 0.2 micro meter) and when I plot a contour on a plane, the contour is not visible but when I increase the the element size contour plot is visible in Ansys Fluent. I don't understand the reason behind this. Please help. thankyou
May 25, 2023 at 2:37 pmFederico Alzamora PrevitaliSubscriber
can you share a screenshot? I don't think the size of your elements should matter but perhaps their relative size with respect to your overall domain does. Are you using double precision?
May 26, 2023 at 7:09 am
May 26, 2023 at 7:09 am
May 26, 2023 at 12:28 pmFederico Alzamora PrevitaliSubscriber
It's possible the CAD import may have gone wrong for meshing, which can happen with most CAD kernels when dimensions are at the micron scale. One suggestion would be to mesh your model in mm and rescale afterwards in Fluent.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Suppress Fluent to open with GUI while performing in journal file
- Floating point exception in Fluent
- What are the differences between CFX and Fluent?
- Heat transfer coefficient
- Getting graph and tabular data from result in workbench mechanical
- The solver failed with a non-zero exit code of : 2
- Difference between K-epsilon and K-omega Turbulence Model
- Time Step Size and Courant Number
- Mesh Interfaces in ANSYS FLUENT
- error: Received signal SIGSEGV
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.