October 20, 2023 at 8:30 amSoufiane El kabilSubscriber
I am using FDTD simulation to model samples with varying thicknesses. I would like to inquire if there is a method or a MATLAB script that can be utilized to change the sample thickness automatically, without the need for manual adjustments.
October 20, 2023 at 5:28 pmAmrita PatiAnsys Employee
You can do that using the Lumerical Scripting Language, by writing the code in the Script File Editor. Lumerical offers a large number of script commands that can easily help you run/post-process your simulations. This will be the simplest approach in my opinion. You may refer to these introductory videos on Ansys Innovation Courses to get started: Lumerical Scripting First Lesson. Lumerical also offers Python and MATLAB Integration, please refer to the following links for more information:
But like I mentioned, the first option would be the most straightforward. And I feel the Lumerical's Scripting Language is very easy to use if you know MATLAB Scripting already.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- “Import optical generation” or “delta generation rate”?
- Why am I getting “process exited without calling finalize”, and how do I fix it?
- Using a license file on a new license server
- Ansys Insight: Diverging Simulations
- Error: addfdtd is not a valid function or a variable name
- Questions about the calculation of the cross-polarization conversion efficiency of metasurface
- Finding your Ansys (or Lumerical) account number
- Error on Lumerical device
- Ansys Insight: About override mesh in FDTD: its use and settings
- Lumerical – error message when trying to open from Linux terminal
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.