November 16, 2022 at 5:58 pmvangapandu gouthamSubscriberSolution not converged at time 0.86 (load step 1 substep 860).
November 16, 2022 at 9:39 pmErik KostsonAnsys Employee
For your questions here is some feedback:
1) That is something for the user to input (the user needs to find these out and enter the properties)
2) That is not possible to answer – as for the second part of the question, except of materials, there are the boundary conditions loads, contact conditions between layers, and other assumptions possibly made in the FE model that might or might not reflect reality in an accurate way
3) FSUM can get the nodal forces on selected nodes
Hope this helps
Sure other members of the forum might have some comments also.
November 17, 2022 at 5:57 amvangapandu gouthamSubscriber
thank you for your quick response and for all the answers
but my main question is that my solution is not converging!
could you please provide some inputs, so that I can complete my simulation first then I guess, I can input my material models to achieve the objective
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Colors and Mesh Display
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.