April 10, 2023 at 7:29 pmEkain Gomez GonzalezSubscriber
It's been 2 weeks since im trying to solve an static problem of a linear guide with rolling balls in order to obtain the stifness of a section of the whole linear guide. The issue comes when solving the problem, the obtained stifness does not change for different applied loads (on the top of the silider) but instead remains constat. That was the result I obtained defining the contacts between the balls and grooves (slider and guide) as bonded ones. However, I tried to solve the problem considering frictional contact (0,08 factor of friction) between the mentioned parts, but which I obtained doing so was that the solution does not converge.
Does anyone know what is the matter with this?
Thank you for the support. Any kind of help is welcome.
April 11, 2023 at 12:24 ampeteroznewmanSubscriber
The manufacturer of the linear slide probably has stiffness values of the carriage on the slide available. Did you ask them?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- User manual
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- material damping and modal analysis
- Colors and Mesh Display
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.