April 3, 2020 at 4:11 amazingSubscriber
I am simulating the behavior of a building in two perpendicular directions through nonlinear springs that are attached to a rigid box (please see the attached figure). The box is located on a spherical joint.
I intend to couple this model with Ansys Fluent later on to take into account FSI using system coupling capability in workbench. That is why I chose flexible behavior for the box (since rigid surfaces were not accepted as valid options for FSI). However, in order to get rigid behavior, I increased the modulus of elasticity of the flexible body.
I am now not able to get convergence in Transient structural and I think it is because of the rigid motion of the box since I get the warning "not enough constraints ... to prevent rigid body motion".
I don't understand why it is not converging since I don't have a problem in the modal and static analyses. I would appreciate it if any one can help me with this.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Colors and Mesh Display
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.