March 14, 2022 at 4:56 pmmertnarinnSubscriberMarch 14, 2022 at 4:57 pmmertnarinnSubscriberTransient analysis fixed top roller. I move the bottom roller z direction 1mm. I have defined friction between the balls and the inner surfaces of the cylinder. However, it keeps crashing, can you help with this?
March 14, 2022 at 9:59 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriberIt looks like you trying to simulate a roller ball bearing. What questions about a ball bearing do you have that you need to answer? Most questions can be answered be reference to a ball bearing manufacturer's web page.
In a prior discussion https://forum.ansys.com/discussion/36273/simultaneous-rotational-and-translational-motion-of-the-cylinder#latest you were not successful getting one ball to make frictional contact with one block. I suggest you get that model working before you move on to a more difficult model.
March 14, 2022 at 11:44 pmmertnarinnSubscriberYou are right, thank you.
Viewing 3 reply threads
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.