July 22, 2020 at 4:04 pmStephGeeSubscriber
First: Thanks to everyone contributing to this great forum. It helped me already a lot! Here is the first problem I cannot figure out with the already existing conversations.
I am working on a model that shows the insertion of the bar inside the organic structure which consists of a solid body and a surface (Membrane). The insertion is executed with a displacement. The solid body and the edge of the membrane have a fixed support. I have the following settings:
Contact between the parts: Frictional (0.1) with Pure Penalty and Nodal-normal to target
Stiffness Factor: 0.1 with updating each iteration
Analysis settings: Large Deflection: On
The insertion works without the membrane which is modeled as a surface.
If I let the simulation run with the membrane then the simulation stops after about 50%. At first the contact shows no problem but then it throws the error: The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constraint.
I tried many things with different meshes, timesteps, materials but nothing works.
I would be more than happy if someone has an idea what I can try.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Simulation World 2022
Check out more than 70 different sessions now available on demand. Get inspired as you hear from visionary companies, leading researchers and educators from around the globe on a variety of topics from life-saving improvements in healthcare, to bold new realities of space travel. Take a leap of certainty and check out a session today here.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- Colors and Mesh Display
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- Massive amount of memory (RAM) required for solve
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
© 2022 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.