Fluids

Fluids

Convergence problems with air flow simulation

• simonhenn
      Subscriber

Hello,

I am currently working on the simulation of an air flow through a test stand for my bachelor's thesis. For meshing I use Pointwise, for solving ANSYS Fluent. The geometry consists of one inlet and two outlets. I have exact measurement of the static pressure of one of the outlets and the velocity at 9 points in a specific region of the geometry. I have to figure out the values for the other outlet and the inlet in order to match the actually measured data on the test stand. For the solution I use the k-omega SST model.

This is the geometry:

• Rob
      Ansys Employee
      Assuming the mesh is OK, review whether you want to use the three pressure boundaries, I tend to prefer to use velocity+pressure for stability. I'd also review the initial conditions, with all pressure boundaries the solution can be quite sensitive to the initial flow field. n
    • simonhenn
      Subscriber
      Thanks for your answer! I decided to follow a new approach. First, I'll focus on the essential part of the geometry and get the boundary conditions right, then I'll expand the geometry again. n
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.