Fluids

Fluids

Conversion for boundary conditions.

• nivashsh
      Subscriber
      I am a student beginner tryin to simulate a room ventilation model. It has one inlet and two outletsThe experimental model has the following conditions,nmin= 0.064562 kg/snmout1= 0.044174 kg/s; the rest for mout2nTo best define the boundary condition I could convert min to Vin=0.053802(mass flow rate inlet to velocity inlet) Ain=0.55?0.7 mnHow could I best define mout1=0.044174 kg/s (Aout1=0.305?.254 m)and mout2(Aout2=0.254?0.254m)?nCould I convert these to pressure outlet conditions? If so kindly mention how. The material used is air.
    • Rob
      Ansys Employee
      You have options, but cannot set a fixed flow for all three boundaries. So, given a known extract I'd suck the flow out of the domain and use a pressure inlet to let the solver balance. Alternatively, force in the inflow and ONE outflow leaving the other as a pressure outlet. If the density is known (and constant) I'd use velocity boundaries as they're marginally more stable. n
    • Karthik R
      Administrator
      Hello,nI agree with 's comment. However, if for some reason, you would like to use mass flow in and mass flow out in your simulation, you might want to have a look at this Simulation example from our Fluids AICs.nI hope this helps.nThank you.nKarthikn
    • nivashsh
      Subscriber
      Thank you , both answers helped a lot.n
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.