3D Design

3D Design

Converting solid non uniform cross section tube to beam element

• tumulpurwar
      Subscriber

Want to convert solid non uniform cross section tube( a tube whose cross secion is increasing with its height and its bit slanted,(not straight) into beam element.

Extract tool from spaceclaim dont work(Because cross section is not constant)

Any answers how to do?

Thanks 

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Leave the model as solid elements.

If you must convert it to beam elements, you will have to cut the body into many short segment and Pull one face of the segment into the uniform cross-section for that segment using No Merge. Use the Prepare tab to Extract the section and create the beam. Repeat N times.

• tumulpurwar
      Subscriber

Thankyou..i will try and let you know.

• tumulpurwar
      Subscriber

I am sorry..but as per your above stated, i divided my solid tube in 10 parts by using split command and now as oer my photo attached below(showing divisions of solid tube), now i have to use pull command and pull one face of one segment or solid section(total solid section= 10)...but if i pull one face of first section, than it will go inside next section( or virtually collide face to face with other section), with No merge....but it will give N(in my case 10 number of beams)............and how it is sure..that these all 10 beams are attached to each other node by node (ened to end connection)

Or else i didnt understand this statement " Pull one face of the segment into the uniform cross-section for that segment"?? i am sorry can you bit make me this line bit more understandable

As if i divided 10 sections, if i start from section 1st and if pull its face, than how much i have to pull??Because just after first section we have 2nd section, yhan 3rd and so on upo 10th....so there is no space between every two sections......or else you want say..just divde in N number of sections and extract that N number of beams..thats it????

Please can you elaborate(May be i am bit confused)

• tumulpurwar
      Subscriber

photo attached, if u need to see

• tumulpurwar
      Subscriber

hellow please can u help me to understand that statement....i wait your reply..thanks

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Here are four solids that result from slicing a pyramidal column.

This is an approximation of the true column. If you want the true column, use solid elements.

• tumulpurwar
      Subscriber

Now i understood..very very much thanks for nice example....thankyou

• tumulpurwar
      Subscriber

thankyou very very much..now i clearly understood..thanks for nice example.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.