February 27, 2023 at 10:18 amHarshik ModasiyaSubscriber
I have to Convert STL to CAD file for Doing FEA of Bone and Implant.
As I have Work with 2 ways :-
1) Converting Facet into Shrinkwarp and doing FEA.
2) Converting Facet into Shrinkwarp and then Creating Patch Body by Auto skin tool.
3) Converting Facet into Patch body by Auto skin tool.
As I get Different Values in Results . So can anyone Help me to Validate and what is Differece between This 3 ways of converting CAD file... Or any Other Option..
February 28, 2023 at 2:30 pmRahul KumbharAnsys Employee
Hi Harshik, The difference in the result could be only if the geometry is different. Using different approach may alter the contours, NURBs of the geometry and that may affect the result. Make sure the geometry by all three method is same.
February 28, 2023 at 3:52 pmmjmiddleAnsys Employee
There are other factors that can cause different results, such as mesh size, but assuming you set up the models similarly, the difference is most likely the geometry, as Rahul said.
There is a lot of variance even within each method you listed. The shrinkwrap tool in SpaceClaim can produce a good or very bad representation of the geometry based on the parameters you used. The mesh size specified in the shrinkwrap is a major influence, but there are other parameters. You should be able to easily judge whether the shrinkwrap was decent by visual inspection. If you use the autoskin tool, this is a good tool, but requires simple geometry. You may need to use the manual “skin surface” for what the autoskin cannot do well.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Boost Ansys Fluent Simulations with AWS
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) helps engineers design products in which the flow of fluid components is a significant challenge. These different use cases often require large complex models to solve on a traditional workstation. Click here to join this event to learn how to leverage Ansys Fluids on the cloud, thanks to Ansys Gateway powered by AWS.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
- Colors and Mesh Display
- material damping and modal analysis
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.