Ansys Free Student Software

Ansys Free Student Software

cooling of a photovoltaic

• nadia
      Subscriber

hello i have a work about radiation in photovoltaïque can you help me ???

• etc59
      Subscriber

Hi Nadia,

Please provide some context to your question. I (along with others on the forum), would be happy to help you with your simulation. In the meantime, check out this tutorial: https://confluence.cornell.edu/display/SIMULATION/ANSYS+-+Radiation+Between+Surfaces

• nadia
      Subscriber

hi 

i want to apply the solar radiation on the photovoltaic and there are more modals in the radiation so what is the modals i can use ?? 

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

Hi Nadia,

You may get more replies to your question if you describe in a few paragraphs what you are trying to simulate, what you know about the problem, and provide some images that show the geometry of the problem. Then the question of which radiation model to use will be easier to answer.

• nadia
      Subscriber

my project is about the cooling of photovoltaics. When the photovoltaic transforms the solar energy into electrical energy the panel warms up and the yield will decrease that's why I'm going to cool the panel with the water or the air for increase the yield. my problem concerning the model of rayonnemnt suitable in our case because there is more model

• peteroznewman
      Subscriber

If I leave a photo-voltaic in the sun, unplugged from an electrical circuit, it warms up.  That effect is described in the attached paper for painted objects.

Are you saying that the transformation of solar energy to electrical energy provides an additional thermal load?  What is the mathematical model that describes this additional thermal load?

Or are you saying that the conversion efficiency into electricity is temperature dependent and that it gets worse as the temperature rises, therefore it will be beneficial to cool the photo-voltaic.

I still don't understand your problem. Can you describe your problem in relationship to the attached paper?

You are using French words in your description (rayonnemnt = influence).  Try writing your description in French (or Arabic) and using Google Translate to provide the English translation.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.