Fluids

Fluids

cooling unit – hvac

• FlorianSch
      Subscriber

Hello,

I am currently working on my master thesis. I am simulating a laboratory with three microscopes an three associated power supplies. Each microscope and power supply has a cooling unit. In the simulation the cooling units are defined as massflow outlet (entry in the cooling unit) and massflow inlet (exit of the cooling unit).

• FlorianSch
      Subscriber
      In the second step I want to expand the setup by a mixture model. Is it possible to use an expression for the volume fraction of the mass-flow-rate for two fluids in this recirculation context?nThanks nFloriann
    • Surya Deb
      Ansys Employee
      Hello, nFor the 1st part, you will need to use some IF condition to determine the variation with the outlet temperature.n30 [K] + IF(Average(Total Temperature,['milkroskop_links_outlet'],Weight = 'Area')<350 [K],30 [K],0 [K])nYou will have to check the condition. The above statement will check if the area averaged value of Total Temperature is less than 350 [K] at the outlet, then it will keep adding 30 [K] to the initial temperature value. If greater than 350 [K], it will not add anything.nBut you will need to adjust this according to your requirements.nAlso for multiphase, yes you can use expressions for each individual phases, You can use the Variables option in Expression to get them.nRegards,nSuryan
    • FlorianSch
      Subscriber
      Hello Surya,nnthanks for your reply. I made it work with the following expressions for the inletsnn Average(TotalTemperature,['mikroskop_1_luefter_ansaugung'])+30[K]n n Average(MassFraction(species = 'tracer'), ['mikroskop_1_luefter_ansaugung'])nnRegards,Floriann n
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.