December 4, 2022 at 6:08 amAzadeh AhmadihajiSubscriber
I am trying to simulate a coplanar waveguide structure and for the excitation of this structure I've faced a problem. As the trace and the ground planes are not terminated at the edge of the substrate, I am wondering how to excite it, because I think I shouldn't use wave port (There will be an intersection between the wave port and the substrate). A picture of the mentioned structure is added here. Thank you so much for your help.
December 4, 2022 at 6:18 amAzadeh AhmadihajiSubscriber
To be mentioned, I have tried lumped port and the results for S-parameters showed very high loss in the structure! and I can't find out what's wrong with the structure or excitation!
December 22, 2022 at 11:27 amPraneethAnsys Employee
Thank you for reaching to us and we appreciate your patience.
You can use wave port at the intended places even if that is not exterior to the substrate. You can define wave port intersecting with the substrate. Please make sure that you are defining a PEC backing to the wave port when it is interior to the model. If you are using the latest version of the software then this will be prompted with a window for specifying the same.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- simulation completed with execution error on server
- Signing up as ANSYS Support Coordinator
- How to export Ansys Maxwell simulation results for post-processing in matlab or in .csv file
- Maxwell, HFSS or Q3D?
- Unable to assign correctly the excitations in a coil
- Running ANSYS HFSS on the HPC (it runs on Linux only)
- Running ANSYS HFSS on multiple nodes on SLURM based cluster
- Intersect errors with model with complex structure
- Number of parallel paths in Ansys Maxwell
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.