March 4, 2022 at 1:56 pmstevenfarmSubscriberMarch 4, 2022 at 9:53 pmpeteroznewmanSubscriberIn the future, please post your images into your discussion using the Image button rather than attaching a file. ANSYS employees are not permitted to download attachments.
In ANSYS Mechanical, in a Static Structural analysis, there is a Support called Remote Displacement. Select the face at the base of one leg and click Remote Displacement. There are 6 DOF where you can enter 0 to fix 3 translations and 3 rotations. The point will automatically have been placed at the center of the selected face, so in the Details window, type in new X, Y, Z coordinates for location of the Remote Point. Finally, there is a line item called Behavior. By default is it Deformable, change that to Rigid. Repeat on the other leg.
You said you only want to constrain translations in X, Y and Z at the clamp points. For a 3D model, that is not enough constraints to prevent rigid body motion. The structure will be able to spin around the two points. If you have 3 or more non-collinear points, you can prevent the spinning. Or you can apply a zero rotation at one or both of the two clamp points.
Viewing 1 reply thread
Ansys Innovation Space
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.Trending discussions
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
Top Rated Tags
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.Ansys does not support the usage of unauthorized Ansys software. Please visit www.ansys.com to obtain an official distribution.