January 19, 2023 at 8:15 amLuca SchnellSubscriber
Hello everyone, i am working on a project where i have to simulate the measured residual stresses and i would like to get some feedback to make sure that i am doing this correctly according to your opinion. I proceed as follows:
- I am exporting the point cloud from FEM
- Then i assign each point with σ XX, σ YY and τ XY
- I reimport the extended point cloud to Ansys
- I define it as initial stress
- Lastly i use a Remote Displacement on my object so it is free to deform due to residual stresses.
Thank you in advance
January 21, 2023 at 2:56 ampeteroznewmanSubscriber
How are the residual stresses measured?
Here is how I simulate residual stress:
- Create a material that uses one of the Plasticity material models such as Bilinear Kinematic Hardening.
- Create support boundary conditions.
- Apply sufficient load to the intital geometry to cause the material to exceed the yield strength.
- Remove the load.
- Plot the residual stress.
- Plot the residual deformation.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Earth Rescue – An Ansys Online Series
The climate crisis is here. But so is the human ingenuity to fight it. Earth Rescue reveals what visionary companies are doing today to engineer radical new ideas in the fight against climate change. Click here to watch the first episode.
Subscribe to the Ansys Blog to get great new content about the power of simulation delivered right to your email on a weekly basis. With content from Ansys experts, partners and customers you will learn about product development advances, thought leadership and trends and tips to better use Ansys tools. Sign up here.
- Saving & sharing of Working project files in .wbpz format
- An Unknown error occurred during solution. Check the Solver Output…..
- Understanding Force Convergence Solution Output
- Solver Pivot Warning in Beam Element Model
- Colors and Mesh Display
- How to calculate the residual stress on a coating by Vickers indentation?
- whether have the difference between using contact and target bodies
- What is the difference between bonded contact region and fixed joint
- The solver engine was unable to converge on a solution for the nonlinear problem as constrained.
- User manual
© 2023 Copyright ANSYS, Inc. All rights reserved.