Fluids

Fluids

Corrosion in Ansys

• karthikeyan506
      Subscriber

Hi, I like to simulate corrosion in Ansys for composite materials . Is there any add on available for it? or it there any codes in apl for them

• PSiedlac123
      Subscriber

What effects of corrosion You would like to analyze? Mechanical weakening, Damage, Diffusion, Chemical or Electrochemical product forming ... I suppose most of these chemical /CFD problems can be solved with ANSYS Fluent, and mechanical part with ANSYS APDL.

Here You can start with some reading:  https://support.ansys.com/staticassets/ANSYS/Conference/Houston/downloads/Numerical%20Simulation%20of%20Flow%20Induced%20Corrosion%20-%20SW%20Research.pdf

• karthikeyan506
      Subscriber

Hi, I would like to do everything related to corrosion. DO you have anys simulations with you related to corrosion and can you possibly share with me.  

• Rob
      Ansys Employee

You need to be more specific, and figure out what you need (and can afford to do given time and software & hardware constraints) before trying to model anything. Ie are you worried about FeO, FeO3, FeS etc, is the oxide stable, does it alter the surface or risk "blowing" composite material. 

• karthikeyan506
      Subscriber

Hi,

I am trying to do oxidation on composite materials. I just need to determine thermal stresses, analysis of interlaminar stress. Do you recommend any softwares. I have access to ANSYS. I need to verify the surface topography and corrosion on coated surfaces of composites. Do you have some files which you have studied.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.