Fluids

Fluids

cortex.17.2 running even after closing program

• Umar
      Subscriber

Hello,

I am running a fluent simulation on a cluster. The system administrator contacted me that there is an error asking me to shut down my program. When I did that, they told me there is still activity on my account. Apparently, a process by the name: cortex.17.2 is running although I am not even connected to the cluster anymore. Anyone knows what this "cortex" is and how to make it shut down with fluent?

Thanks,

Umar

• Karthik R
      Administrator

Hello Umar,

Cortex is part of Fluent's parallel architecture. Fluent uses Cortex to communicate with the 'Host' and the other compute nodes. The grid and data gets distributed to the compute nodes. Host communicates with the primary compute node and passes the information to the Cortex.

Now about your issue:

• How did you end Fluent run?

• Are you using any UDF?

• How many nodes did you run your simulation on?

• How big is your model (total number of cells, size etc.)?

• Do you have any transcript file that your are writing? If so, could you take a look into it for any error messages?

I hope this provides some perspective.

Best,

Karthik

• Umar
      Subscriber

Hello Karthik,

Thank you for your response.

I ended fluent by stopping calculation at the end of time step, save project and close fluent from the red x. Then I closed workbench. Then I ended my connection to the cluster.

I am not using any UDF. I ran 13 nodes. my model is 3d. no transcript file.

Thanks,

Umar

• Karthik R
      Administrator

Hi Umar,

Is this an issue which is repeatable at your end? Could you please verify this and let us know?

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Karthik

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.